Message Board Convo about the best of Cincinnati
I'm not too familiar with Chowhound, a pretty burly foody website. I say burly because it's the manliest website about food I've ever scene. They have article, recipes, blogs and message boards.
Well, today I found this thread. A newcomer to the city is still looking for some good places to try, and I'm impressed at the level of response. There are some nice people out there who are paying attention to Cincinnati dining.
Here are the options she's looking for, and my answers in italics:
1. Best Brunch Arthur's
2. Best Study Place/CoffeeHouse Mammoth Cafe
3. Best Mojito (not Kona Bistro, they are taking it off the menu) I wouldn't know
4. Best Late Nite Eats (no chain) in Newport, Pacific Rim is open til 2am Anchor Grill
5. Best Romantic Restaurant Celestial Restaurant
6. Best Mexican Food Habanero's
7. Best Dining with a View City View Tavern
8. Best Happy Hours Habit's Cafe
9. Best Bars (I love a great beer selection!) so hard to pick just one, but if I had to pick...I can't pick just one, but I'll post about my favorites soon, how's that?
Obviously, there are a bunch of Cincinnati folks on this site: look at the results for a search for Cincinnati. Over 600 results!
For a national site, this does a good job of representing Cincinnati cuisine. WHat would your picks for those spots be?