Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com

Cincinnati Restaurant Reviews

Cincinnati cuisine is so much more than chili. There are great restaurants in town that will provide you with exceptional food in a wonderful atmosphere. This blog is a collection of reviews and personal observations from the current Cincinnati dining scene.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Recently Uncovered Rock Bottom Brewery

Well, with Fountain Square finally emerging from the construction site that sat there for the last few months, some coworkers and I had lunch there at the Rock Bottom Brewery this past Friday. This was the first time I had gone to the new Fountain Square, and the first time I parked in the garage under the square.

I like the new look on the square, though I don't know if it was worth the money. One thing that annoyed me, however, was that all that was on the multimillion dollar video screen was Music Choice. A static image and music. Can't we put something on there that's worth seeing on a big screen? But the parking garage was frustratingly slow.

Anyway, it was busy in the restaurant. And that led to some poor service. I can be forgiving on the Friday before Christmas when there are loads of people downtown shopping. Heck, I'm willing to forgive the parking garage for that same reason.

I felt like a burger, so I got it. All I can say about it, really, is that it was nothing to blog about.

But here I am blogging, so I should say something. It was fine, if a little thin on the meat. Nothing stands out other than that, which is neither good or bad. Unispiring, how's that for an adjective?

I ordered kettle chips and got fries. They were also pretty normal, standard and not worth blogging about. Maybe the kettle chips would have been better.

I've always avoided Rock Bottom because it seemed like it was full of tourists staying downtown hotels and people on shopping trips. I had a good meal with my coworkers, but it didn't change my view or my desire to go back.

What do you think of the dining options around the newly revamped square? I think that Rock Bottom will find itself on the short end of the quality stick with some of the restaurants already on the square and some of the other ones coming.

 
Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com