Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com

Cincinnati Restaurant Reviews

Cincinnati cuisine is so much more than chili. There are great restaurants in town that will provide you with exceptional food in a wonderful atmosphere. This blog is a collection of reviews and personal observations from the current Cincinnati dining scene.

Friday, December 29, 2006

The Enquirer Covers Restaurants

The Enquirer, for the first time in weeks that I can remember, has a pretty lengthy section on food today. Polly Campbell, who I think is a good food critic, runs down her favorite new restaurants.

I think that they all happen to be found in neighborhoods, based on the way that she wrote the article. The Copy Editor who wrote the headline brings this fact out so that when I read the headline I thought Polly had just concentrated on new restaurants in neighborhoods. I don't think that was the original intention of the article. I also think it says something about all of the alleged growth downtown, especially because the first restaurant mentioned in the article is run by the folks who used to run Aioli downtown before they closed.

But to quickly contradict my last statement, there's a new lunchtime spot downtown. I'm still skeptical, especially since Paula's is replacing a Graeter's. If Graeter's doesn't want to be downtown, there's a problem.

The Enquirer also profiled a restaurant so far out of downtown that I'll never eat there.

But I might just eat at the Gas Light Cafe, which sounds like a nice low-key spot.

 
Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com